Blog List

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Educated yet super ignorant! x_x

Today, I encountered 3 super irritating, unreasonable & irresponsible patients. Educated yet so ignorant till I really cannot understand. These ppl... Hollow in the head huh?

The first one, stomped towards the counter, DEMANDED to be seen by the doc. She faced the counter staff with this "as if owe her 1 million dollars" attitude. Upon inquiring, she replied impatiently she did not make appointment. When explained visits were based on appointment system, she actually said arrogantly, with arms folded "All along I just walk in, I get to see the doc. Why now need me to book..."
She thought this was her private clinic huh?


The second one, called in the clinic. "I'm a patient of Dr T XX! I'm in great pain now. I need advice. I want to speak to Dr T XX, right now! I don't want to speak to any one of you. Get him to speak to me!"

"Mdm, Dr T XX has gone for a surgery. Would you... "

"Get the most senior doc to speak to me then, transfer me to him/her now, told you I don't want to speak to you! If anything happens to me, I'll hold you responsible!"

''Mdm, if you urgently need a doc to see you, I can make an arrangement for you to come over. Can I have your no.& particulars and I'll get back to you shortly."

"Don't ask me for no.! Told you I'm in pain. It's so painful that I've to sit down at the cafe & don't expect me to remember any no.! And I'm not in Singapore, I'm at overseas!"

%*####*** For goodness sake.... this woman can really be so idiotic... Don't she know the 1st thing she could do was to seek medical care over at her area if her pain was affecting her so badly? Nowadays, I really think patients are treating the docs as God... Expect the docs to ease her pain & heal her over the phone?!


The 3rd one, was a call in patient as well, who has called in after office hours, claiming that she's pregnant & was bleeding. Immediately, the principle doc was contacted & instructed to inform patient to come over.

Missed call twice before patient called back.

" Miss E xxx, please come over now. Your doc will be seeing you."

" Oh, can I wait till tomorrow noon? Anyway, my appointment will be 2 days later."

"Mdm, it's a concern to us as you are bleeding & it'll be better if you can allow the doc to assess you earlier to render necessary care if required."

"Let me consider 1st. I'll call you back in 10 mins time"

"Okie mdm, FYI the doc is ready to come over to see you."

"Who ask you to call the doc.?! I never ask you to call her! I only call in for advice! Humph! Anyway, I'll think about it 1st!"
She hung up and did not call back subsequently.

Another irritating, stupid
, idiotic irresponsible pest... making ppl to stay back to wait for her call & worrying about her. If she wanted to put her child at stake, that's her choice...
Really... XX%%%***@@


Please, educated ppl, behave like one! Don't act like a spolit brat that keeps thinking the world revolve ONLY around YOU!

p.s. It happens that 2 out of the 3 cases encountered are PRCs.

No comments:

Post a Comment